Saturday, February 28, 2009

March Madness: NEW LIFE

THE IDES OF MARCH ARE UPON US...
This is it! GIT-R-DUN!

I ran in the Coogans Classic 5K this morning...snow and all. It was a fun "race". The race was in Washington Heights (made famous by the musical, "The Heights"). It was an out and back coarse, which was kinda frustrating because we could only use one half of the road. It was crowded and hard getting around the slower people. All 6,000 of them. I bettered my time by more than three minutes, or a minute per mile faster than last week's 5k. A sub 30 minute 3.1 miles. Not too shabby.
I'm all about these races because it is making me do what I should be doing anyway. What I have gotten up at 5:30 to run this morning, had it not been for the race? Most likely not.

After that, I went to work, the gym, lunch with an old friend (whom I hadn't seen in over ten years), back to work and the gym, and had dinner with some more old friends (whom I hadn't seen in about three years).

Guh...but it's snowing. They're are mentioning the word "blizzard" when talking about tomorrow. (I could go for a DQ Blizzard right now...) Still, I feel like I will have a good week this week. GIT-R-DUN!


Oh god, its raining
But Im not complaining
Its filling me upWith new life
The stars in the sky
Bring tears to my eyes
Theyre lighting my way
Tonight
And I havent felt so alive
In years







No comments:

Post a Comment