Tuesday, February 24, 2009

FAT TUESDAY
















Mardi Gras. Normally, I would give myself any excuse to overindulge...especially on a day where it's expected. And yet - I weighed 204 lbs. this morning and I've been given a new perspective. Don't give up while I'm ahead. Seems like it was just Saturday when I was 212.5 lbs. -- and it was! Not that today wasn't rough. I had my battles:


  • I'm a retard when it comes to computers. For some reason, I lost some of my songs on itunes when I tried to help upload some songs on my roomie's ipod. Well, last night it erased some songs on my ipod - - and now I don't have the tracks. This made me want to drink, but made me want how to learn how to use a computer more.


  • My Nana is going into the hospital on Monday for heart problems. This upsets me. It upsets me more because I know that it upsets my mom. Bummed.


  • I went to pay my credit card bill. Went to take the money out and the ATM read "temporarily unavailable". So, I went to another ATM and got the money. Problem is, when I checked my account, my bank thinks I withdrew money twice. I went to my bank and they said it should work itself out in 48 hours. FUCK THAT. That helps me none. Right now it pretty says I basically have no money WHEN I SHOULD. No thank you, dumb bank tellers.

So, those were the stresses that usually drive me to drink/overeat. Thing is: I didn't. Might not seem a big accomplishment...but it was. One small step for my day. One giant step for my life.

Now, if I could only learn to use a computer. Hell, I can't even write a blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment